- WEWA renders Social Service over a period of 13 Years for Women,
Senior citizen and College Students.
- WEWA actively promotes, mentor’s, equips and empowers women entrepreneurs.
- WEWA creates awareness about entrepreneurship and various support systems available to women and general public.
- We offer free counselling to potential as well as established entrepreneurs.
- WEWA helps women to identify their potential and area of interests and accordingly provide them skill training.
- WEWA helps women entrepreneurs to launch, develop & expand their business ventures.
- WEWA links women entrepreneurs to various business opportunities and support systems.
- WEWA has 11180 Registered Members all over TAMILNADU.
MILESTONES ACHIEVED BY WEWA
v Training programmes – kick-starting our members entrepreneurial career
We conduct free “Entrepreneurship and career development training programs every month for potential as well as established women entrepreneurs. These have done wonders for our members making them business-savvy and gain self-confidence. Several people started their business ventures following these training programmes. We have trained about 47,985 members directly and also through online skill training program 10,482 members. Via., online EDP program 7,860 members got benefited over a period of 13 years. Overall wewa has provided training for 66,327 members.
v Seminars & workshops – jump-starting entrepreneurial career
We have successfully organized “Business opportunities for women and
youth” which was featured in print and visual media.
· 27 STATE LEVEL SEMINARS
· 19 DISTRICT LEVEL TWO DAYS SEMINAR
· 11 DISTRICT LEVEL IMPORT AND EXPORT PROGRAM with FIEO(Federation of Indian Export Organisation)
Bankers and officials from various state and central govt departments involved in entrepreneurial promotion presented the entrepreneur friendly govt sponsored schemes. Many started their business ventures taking advantage of the business opportunities offered in the seminars We also conducted free workshops for women. These seminars are attended by college students, potential as well as successful entrepreneurs, corporate houses, bankers, govt. officials and media persons.
v Seminars in colleges
WEWA organized ‘Entrepreneurship Awareness Seminar’ for students of Ethiraj College, as a part of our efforts to inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship among student community. This seminar served as a portal where students interacted with experts to discuss issues, challenges and opportunities.
- “Women Entrepreneurial Challenges and Empowerment Summit – 2016” in collaboration with VIT University – Vellore
MBA students and women entrepreneurs participated in the summit. Students conducted a survey of the entrepreneurs as part of their project.
- Republic Day Parade
Recognizing our contributions and services rendered, WEWA was part of the Republic Day Parade in 2011 as contingent of District Industries and Commerce Department (DIC).
v Loan fairs
WEWA hosted a several loan fairs in collaboration with IOB. Loan applications were quickly processed and loan dispersed to our members. We guide women to prepare project report and coordinate with banks to get business loans.
- “Bankers Meet – 2016” in collaboration with Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Five PSU banks presented their schemes and interacted with 700 participants.
- Cultural Extravaganza cum game show
WEWA has successfully organized light music concert performed by the renowned light music orchestra “Lakshman Shruthi” troupe 4 years in a row.
WEWA celebrated Woman’s day every year in a meaningful way by hosting cultural cum game show for women. Women enthusiastically participate in these events showcasing their talents and take part in various competitions and games.
- WEWA Awards – We celebrate achievers
Every year WEWA presents awards to four best ‘Women Entrepreneur Award’, one best ‘Media Person Award’ ,one best ‘Social Worker Award’ and one best “Village Farmer Award”.
- Health Workshop
WEWA organized cancer awareness camp for women as “Prevention is always better than cure”. Yoga workshops & aerobic classes are conducted for our members. Members are given free consultation by our homeopathy doctor, siddha doctor, yoga therapist and acupressure therapist.
Our members are offered free legal guidance by our advocate.
We organized free diabetic screening camp in association with Apollo Multi-Speciality Hospital for our members. We followed up this with free dietician consultation.
- WEWA Souvenir – a reference guide for entrepreneurs
Every year we bring out a souvenir in connection with the “Annual conference cum Business Opportunities Seminar”. The souvenir is memorabilia of our activities/ services provided. It serves as a reference guide for entrepreneurs. It is step-by-step guide to start a business. It contains detailed information on, various schemes of banks. It equips the entrepreneurs with valuable information related to entrepreneurship – entrepreneur friendly govt. schemes and programmes and other support systems available. The souvenir is widely circulated in TN among business, Govt department and media circles.
- WEWA – Women Empowerment Seminars
We have conducted Women Empowerment Seminars & Workshops in 19 districts. Explaining about Central & State Govt schemes, workshops on different area were conducted.
- Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO)
Successfully completed Export training in 11 districts jointly with Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO).This is one of our great achievement in our carrier.
- Senior Citizen Programme
This is a unique programme conducted for Senior Citizens. Health related issues and tips given by the Govt. Doctor, Legal Rights & Clarification given by the Advocate was such a wonderful & useful program to the participants. Both men and women participated in this programme. WEWA conducts this program yearly twice.
- MOU –With Indian Bank
We have signed a MoU with Indian Bank for next three years supporting Eligible Women Entrepreneur to start their business without any collateral up to one core with 0.5 % less normal Interest.
- Mega Entrepreneurship Conference and Work Shop
The title of the conference is “Singa Pennae”. Planned to conduct all over Tamilnadu covering 13 major cities. Central & State Government Schemes, Franchise Opportunities, Business Opportunities and Six Skill Training Classes.
- First Conference –Chennai, chegalpattu,Kanchepuram & Thiruvallur
- Second Conference- Maduari- Dindugal, Theni, Virudhunagar, Sivagani & Ramnad.
- ONLINE ENTREPRENEUR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM- DURING CORONA PANDEMIC- 2020
Due to pandemic situation from May 2020, WEWA Conducted online EDP and ESDP program. Information related Education, Health, Central & State Government Schemes Business opportunities, Awareness were Provided.
- Government e- Marketing
For the First time in TAMILNADU WEWA has arranged for Government e-Marketing Registration Training Conference. Delhi officials also detailed about GEM portal, its benefits and its Registration procedure.
- Women fabricators – taking a giant leap
25 fabrication units as vendors to BHEL – Ranipet are run exclusively by 51 women. They were intensively trained in fabrication, AutoCAD, managerial and entrepreneurial skill with the support of MSME – DI and VIT – Vellore. Many of them had to start from the scratch with no prior experience, exposure and technical background. But they persevered and persisted in their efforts. These women have stormed the male dominated field and emerged in flying colours. This is a land mark achievement in the history of BHEL and women entrepreneurship. This is an innovative and pioneering initiative to create new and first generation women entrepreneurs in non-conventional areas – Engineering and Fabrication.
- Dairy Farms
While the recent jallikattu protests highlighted the need to preserve native cattle breeds.110 members have been successfully running dairy farms in Kanchipuram. We had the foresight to see the benefits of cattle breeding. We always keep pace with time and think ahead of time.
- Promoting organic products in big way
Cold pressed oil mill is run in Thiruvannamalai. We provide a platform for all stakeholders including producers, retailers and consumers to come together to market organic, indigenous and traditional products like millets, cold-pressed oils, areca nut plates, jute products, handicrafts etc.
- Marketing assistance for entrepreneurs
We help our members to market their products by providing stall / space facilities in various forums. We provide stall facilities very month and big
mega stall yearly twice We have introduced our members to
- Our members are engaged in diverse fields
Catering, DTP, manufacturing, beauty business, housekeeping, fashion designing, tailoring units, terrace gardening, mushroom cultivation, interior decoration etc.
- WEWA is a committee member of SLIIC, RBI & TANSTIA
WEWA is represents women entrepreneurs in all seminars organized by state, central and other organizations.
OUR FUTURE PLANS
- Assist entrepreneurs in marketing.
- To create 5000 women Entrepreneurs with 5 Years.
- To create E-Market portal platform.
- Organic farming.
- To tie-up with International Organisation for Import & Export
- To conduct District wise Seminars & Workshops
- Export Training
- Community development
- Promoting innovative businesses
- Health camps
- Senior citizen programme